SF182 – Authorization Agreement and Certification of Training: Everything You Need to Know
As an employee or contractor, you may be required to complete training or courses to improve your skills or meet job requirements. The SF182 form, also known as the Authorization Agreement and Certification of Training, is a government form used to authorize and certify employee training and education.
In this article, we will review the SF182 form, its purpose, and how to properly fill it out.
What is the SF182 Form?
The SF182 is a government form used to authorize and certify employee training and education. The form is required to be completed by federal employees and contractors who are eligible for training that is paid for with government funds. The SF182 form must be submitted to the government agency responsible for approving the training.
The purpose of the SF182 form is to ensure that proper approval and funding are obtained for employee training and education. It also serves as a record of the training received, which can be used for future reference and verification of training completion.
What Information is Required on the SF182 Form?
The SF182 form requires the following information:
1. Employee Information – This includes the employee’s name, address, and social security number.
2. Course Information – This includes the course name, dates of the course, and the location of the course.
3. Costs – This includes the cost of the course, tuition, and fees. The form also requires the name and address of the organization providing the course.
4. Approvals – This includes the signatures of the employee, supervisor, and approving official or agency.
5. Certification – This includes the certification that the employee attended the course and completed the requirements.
How to Properly Fill Out the SF182 Form
To properly fill out the SF182 form, follow these steps:
1. Review the course information – Ensure that the course information is accurate, including the course name, dates, and location.
2. Determine the cost of the course – Review the cost of the course and ensure that it is within the approved budget.
3. Obtain Approvals – The employee must sign the form, and the supervisor and approving official must also sign the form to authorize the training.
4. Submit the form – Submit the form to the government agency responsible for approving the training.
The SF182 form is an important document used to authorize and certify employee training and education. The form serves as a record of the training received and ensures proper approval and funding for training. By following the steps above, employees can properly fill out the SF182 form and ensure that their training is authorized and certified.